Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Decorating: Halloween

I'm usually big on decorating for special occasions, especially holidays. Sadly, since I've settled into college life I've struggled a lot to find the right balance of size, quality and how expensive decorations are. In many college dorms or apartments space is extremely limited, so creativity is a key element in decoration because as amazing as something might be, sometimes there just isn't enough space for it (a full size Christmas tree for example). Another thing I strongly consider when browsing for decorations is (of course) how much it costs. Being a college student, I want need to buy something that is extremely cheap. At the same time though, I don't want whatever I buy to look so horribly made that a five year old made it in ten minutes. That being said, as you've probably (or not probably, I don't really know if you would have guessed this) guessed, I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart and Target. Let me say, they have some pretty cute stuff there!

Interested to see how I decorate my room on a college budget? Well, here you go!

In the interest of full disclosure, my mother bought me these items for Halloween this year, so I did not personally pick them out. They're all cute nonetheless though!





 Okay, this last one isn't TECHNICALLY Halloween, but it's Fall! I feel like a lot of times Fall and Halloween decorations kind of mesh together, so I felt it was appropriate for me to include this one also.

No comments:

Post a Comment